Downtown Harbor Springs on Lake Michigan
Harbor Springs, Michigan has a vibrant, beautiful downtown business district complete with a beach, waterfront, shopping, dining, parks, and even a sailing school.
The Harbor Springs business district is two blocks wide by three blocks long and packed with activity and places to explore. You'll find great restaurants from family settings to fine dining, ice cream, candy and fudge, clothing, shoes, books, art galleries, a pharmacy, gift shops, outdoor gear and wear, a bike shop, hair salons, dentists, banks, coffee shops, eye wear, furniture, home accessories, gourmet foods, a farmers market, and real estate offices. Vibrant? Yes!!
You'll also find a beautiful waterfront in Harbor Springs with places to picnic or walk on the dock. The Little Traverse Sailors sail school has been teaching children to sail for nearly 60 years. During the summer months in Harbor Springs, the farmers market is located on Main Street and during the cooler months, the downtown indoor market is a bustling place.
The beach on Bay Street includes picnic tables, a changing house, life guards, and swimming platforms.
For July 4th, downtown Harbor Springs is the place to be with a parade, art show, street vendors, and fireworks. The waterfront hosts both the Taste of Harbor Springs and Waterfront Wine Festival. Street Musique takes places Thursdays during the summer with fabulous music followed by movies on the Harbor Springs waterfront.
Picturesque, vibrant, historic, quaint. No matter how you describe it, Harbor Springs is special.
More About Harbor Springs in Northern Michigan...
- 10 Top Attractions in Harbor Springs
- M-119 Tunnel of Trees from Harbor Springs to Cross Village
- Harbor Springs History Museum
- Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
- The Andrew J. Blackbird Museum
- Harbor Springs Art Galleries Entice Art Lovers
- The Little Traverse Lighthouse on Harbor Point
- Business Properties Available in Harbor Springs
- Travel Information for Harbor Springs in Northern Michigan
- Little Traverse Conservancy
- Learning to Sail--Little Traverse Sailors
- Tour the Little Traverse Lighthouse
- Fall Foliage Color Tour on M-119--Spectacular!
- Great Lakes Glass Pumpkin Patch
- History Abounds in Harbor Springs
- Downtown Harbor Springs on Lake Michigan
- Visit the Deer Park in Harbor Springs
- Harbor Springs - A Northern Michigan Classic!
- Fall in Harbor Springs
- Ladies Weekend Out in Harbor Springs
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in Northern Michigan:
Harbor Springs, Michigan -- Harbor Springs is the place to try new things! Rent a bike or a kayak, go snow tubing, attend a concert or an art fair, or play a round of golf with friends.
Petoskey -- There's so much to do in Petoskey from the Bear River Valley Recreation Area, to Petoskey State Park, to biking, golfing, hiking, and more.
Charlevoix, Michigan -- Visiting Charlevoix in Northern Michigan is a fun-filled vacation with great beaches, boating, skiing, fishing and year 'round family fun.
Things to Do in Boyne City, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like Boyne City in Northern Michigan with camping, boating, skiing, year 'round outdoor activities, and of course, the morel mushroom!
Lots of Activities in Mackinaw City, Michigan -- Explore Mackinaw City in Northern Michigan for history, the International Dark Sky Park, and outdoor activities.
Mackinac Island -- Take a step back in time and find lots of things to do when you visit Mackinac Island by horseback or bike--no cars allowed!
Northern Michigan Activities & Things to Do -- Northern Michigan offers many fun things to do for the entire family whatever the season, whatever the reason!