Northern Michigan's Up North Specialties
Northern Michigan is filled with so much to see and do. This is the place that is often called "God's Country" because it is so gorgeous. Our many lakes, trails, vistas, parks, and small towns are inviting year 'round.
We have many Up North Specialties that indeed make us special. From a planked whitefish dinner to Blissfest Music Festival to the historic Bay View Association to Bay Harbor to the Little Traverse Wheelway, Northern Michigan is filled with so many wonderful opportunities.
Victorian architecture is prevalent here. Drive through the Bay View Association or along the waterfront in Harbor Springs and marvel at the Victorian 'cottages.'
What makes Up North special? Castle Farms in Charlevoix is a gorgeous setting for an art fair, celebration or garden tour. How about a festival devoted just to spring's morel mushroom, Boyne City's Morel Mushroom Festival. Or a tasty cookie baked in Harbor Springs but known country wide, Tom's Mom's Cookies.
What else makes Northern Michigan special? The Heritage Highway between Harbor Springs and Cross Village is spectacular and the Tunnel of Trees is not to be missed. The fall color in Northern Michigan and along the Tunnel of Trees is gorgeous so bring along the camera to capture photos of our Fall Foliage. The newly completed Little Traverse Wheelway connects Charlevoix through Petoskeky to Harbor Springs, a 26 mile bike path, that is drawing bikers from around the country to this scenic part of Michigan.
A huge part of what makes Northern Michigan unique--the people who live here. Local residents love Northern Michigan and have chosen it as a place to live, play, work, and enjoy. Customer service is indeed a specialty in Northern Michigan and you will find it at the golf course, ski resort, restaurant, hotel, and our many fine shops.
Speaking of shopping, it's often a reason many visitors head Up North! Shopping in Northern Michigan is a wonderful activity.
And, of course, we wouldn't be unique without our visitors! Our visitors and seasonal residents love Northern Michigan and it is such a delight to hear someone exclaim "I love it here!"
Enjoying Life in Northern Michigan...
- Wineries & Tours Up North
- M-119 Tunnel of Trees from Harbor Springs to Cross Village
- Petoskey's Bear River Valley Recreation Area
- Harris Gardens at North Central Michigan College
- Sailing in Northern Michigan for Adults & Kids
- Bike the Little Traverse Wheelway from Harbor Springs to Charlevoix
- Northern Michigan's Up North Specialties
- Parks, Beaches & Outdoor Activities & Fun Up North
- Up North Activities & Things to Do
- Disc Golf Up North in Michigan
- McGulpin Point Lighthouse Near Mackinaw City Shines Again
- Discover the Lighthouses of Northern Michigan
- Discover Michigan - Watch These Short Travel Videos
- Zip Line Adventures in Northern Michigan
- The Andrew J. Blackbird Museum
- Bay View--A Summer Chautauqua
- History Abounds in Harbor Springs
- Charlevoix's Rich History as a Summer Resort
- Celebrate at Historic Castle Farms in Charlevoix
- The Old Mackinac Point Historic Lighthouse in Mackinaw City
- Visit These Featured Northern Michigan Businesses
- McGulpin Rock Has Helped Mariners Since 1615
- See Northern Michigan's Working Lighthouses
- Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
- Hike and Bike the North Country Trail
- Little Traverse Conservancy
- Downtown Mackinac Island
- Pets Get an Up North Welcome
- Say it Mackinaw or Mackinac?
- National Shrine of the Cross in the Woods
- Visitor Information while Visiting Harbor Springs
- Golf Courses in Northern Michigan's Gold Coast
- Ride the Breezeway Scenic Highway Between Atwood & Boyne Falls
- Shopping is a Major Up North Activity
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Harbor Springs by Water
- Summer Swimming in Northern Michigan
- Weddings on Mackinac Island
- Petoskey's Top 10 Attractions
- Life's a Beach in Northern Michigan